Volunteers are needed to plant and weed rain gardens at the Hawkins Cove Upland portion of Spa Creek located at the Housing Authority of the City of Annapolis (HACA)
All ages are welcome. You’ll need to wear old clothes, shoes and gloves. Bring tools if you have them.
Here's what to expect:
- Landscape Architects and helpers will set out many, many plants (1,500 super plugs, plus trees/shrubs) in their planting positions Friday afternoon and/or early Saturday morning.
- Volunteers will gather together around 10 AM for the What, Why, and Where briefing, including "green side up" demo.
- Teams will organize, each with a knowledgeable planter lead.
- A watering team will follow around to soak all the gardens.
- Refreshments, water and snacks will be on hand, provided by HACA.
Hopefully we get done mid-afternoon and clean up. Planting is rain or shine, unless there is lighting.
Questions or to help contact: