Come spend the day outside and help plant rain gardens at the Spa Cove Apartments and Condos Clubhouse at 1012 Primrose Avenue.
Planting and establishing Rain Gardens will allow storm water to seep into the ground instead of running off into Spa Creek taking pollutants with it.
Wear old clothes and shoes that you don't mind getting dirty. Gloves will keep you from getting blisters. Bring tools if you have them.
Here's what to expect:
- Landscape Architects and helpers will set out many plants (1,500 super plugs, plus trees/shrubs) in their planting positions before volunteers begin.
- Volunteers will gather together at 9:30 AM for instructions, including "green side up" demo.
- A knowledgeable planter leader will accompany groups of volunteers to plant designated garden spots.
- A watering team will follow around to soak all the gardens.
- Refreshments, water and snacks will be available.
- Hopefully we get done mid-afternoon and clean up. Planting is rain or shine, unless there is lighting.
Questions or to help contact:
Regina Rochez Consulting Services, L.L.C.