The weather report for Saturday is clear skies and 80 degrees - - perfect day to be on the water! Come out and enjoy Spa Creek at PaddleFEST, the first fundraiser for Spa Creek Conservancy. It is going to be a fun-filled day!
Below are a few tips to help your PaddleFEST experience go smoothly.
PaddleFEST tickets are available for purchase at the event.
- $50/adult includes the use of a paddleboard
- $40/adult if you use your own boat.
Tickets also include food, drinks, tee shirt and a dry bag (first 200).
1. Parking – Come by water with your own vessel. If you are driving, park on Boucher Ave, Washington Ave or anywhere you can find a spot on the street near Capital SUP.
2. Using your own vessel - bring a tether or something to tie up your vessel at the dock. Bring your own Life Jacket. (All children under 13 are required by law to have a Life Jacket)
3. Using Capital SUP board - you will be assigned a one-hour time slot to paddle when you register. One-hour rental is included in the cost of the paddle. These boards need to be returned after one hour. Life jackets will be provided to Capital SUP board users only. All others must have your own Life Jacket.
4. Tours - All paddlers, (using your own personal vessel or a Capital SUP Board) are welcome and encouraged to take the tour. Time slots for the tours are 12:00, 1:15 pm and 2:30 pm. Tours will point out some of the work that has been done, or in the works, by Spa Creek Conservancy with its various partner groups.
5. Live Music – Sub-Urban Sole will be playing from 1-3pm.
6. Waivers - All paddlers shall complete a waiver form at the registration desk.
7. Registration - All paddlers will sign in at the registration desk and receive the following:
1 wrist band
1 food ticket and two drink tickets
1 dry bag
8. Food and Drink for Purchase - Additional food and drink tickets are available for purchase at the registration for cash or credit.
Food and 2 drink tickets - $20
Beer/Wine -$5 (proof of age required)
Soft drinks $3
Mixed Drinks may be purchased for cash at the Tiki Bar. Prices may vary.
9. Silent Auction – We have many outstanding items from local vendors for the Silent Auction. Items are located in the Capital SUP office area. Take a peek and make your best offer. You may be surprised!
10. EcoFEST – Take a few minutes to check out the tables of our environmental partner groups. Kids will enjoy seeing the critters who live in and around Spa Creek.
All proceeds from PaddleFEST will be used for Spa Creek Conservancy programs. Thank you for your support. We look forward to seeing you all there!