HAPPY 100TH BIRTHDAY TO OUR NATIONAL PARK SERVICE – 2016
No, Chambers Park, in the Parole community of Annapolis, is not a national park but we can still celebrate the 100 year anniversary of the National Park Service right here in Chambers Park!
(After all, we’re celebrating our Walter S. Mills-Parole Elementary School’s 100 year anniversary)
The National Park Service is celebrating 100 years by “engaging communities through:
- RECREATION (our Chambers Park amenities),
- CONSERVATION (our Chambers Park’s stormwater education station)
- HISTORIC PRESERVATION PROGRAMS” (our “Walk Parole: A Scavenger Hunt for History” 2016 brochures)
Over the Independence Day Weekend, celebrate Chambers Park at the following times:
SATURDAY, JULY 2, 11 A.M.-2 P.M. AND SUNDAY, JULY 3, 2-5 P.M.
Come out, enjoy our Chambers Park, 14 Dorsey Avenue, Annapolis, 21401, and learn more about:
– Rev. John T. Chambers, Sr. Park
– Stormwater Education Station
– “Walk Parole: A Scavenger Hunt for History” 2016 Maryland Day brochures
– AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!!
from your City of Annapolis, Ward 3 Councilwoman Rhonda Pindell Charles, 410-266-6857, email@example.com