The Annapolis Office of Environmental Policy will be hosting a free Stormwater Maintenance Workshop for homeowner’s associations (HOA’s) and civic organizations in the City. Homeowner’s associations and civic organizations will learn from Biohabitats Inc., professionals in stormwater management through environmental design, the basics of how to maintain their stormwater features. This is a chance for HOA and civic leaders to learn how they can upgrade their neighborhood’s stormwater management to help improve the water quality in the Chesapeake Bayand where to apply for grants to pay for it. Professionals from Maryland Department of Natural Resources will be on hand to talk about invasive plant management.
The following topics will be highlighted:
• Stormwater and stormwater management
• Responsibilities for maintaining stormwater features in your neighborhood (ex. pond, natural areas and rain gardens)
• How to maintain stormwater features in your neighborhood
• Options for upgrading your stormwater management features
• Invasive plant management
• Grant options for upgrading your stormwater features
The Stormwater Maintenance Workshop will he held on Tuesday, April 3, 2018 from 7-9 p.m. at the Pip Moyer RecreationCenter located at 273 Hilltop Lane, Annapolis.