Update as of September 25, 2019
Anne Arundel County Public Schools is working through the Corrective Action Plan (CAP) which can be seen by following this link. There are several items that needed to be done broken down into Tasks in the CAP, with several subtasks. Below is a brief summary of where things are for the major tasks and their status:
- Task 1 is mostly complete. The excavation was completed and while the work was being done an issue with the private stormdrain was discovered. This issue was repaired at the time of the excavation. The area was backfilled and the outfall monitoring is ongoing. There was one instance of contaminated runoff leaving the outfall area.
- Task 2 is mostly complete. 10 monitor wells and 3 recovery wells have been installed on-site. It sounds like another well will be installed and the report outlined in Task 2.g of the CAP is still owed and MDE should get that soon. As soon as it is reviewed, it will be posted on the MDE webpage in the previous email.
- Task 3 is being completed every Tuesday and Thursday. The school is concentrating its efforts close to the building (where the stormdrain issue was noted in Task 1 summary). This area has a higher concentration of contamination and is why it is being the focus of this Task. The report mentioned in Task 3.e is still owed but will be provided in the near future. It will also be posted on the MDE website.
- Task 4 - 7 are being done.
- Task 8 requires a quarterly report which will be sent to MDE and posted on the website.